Why Dmart stocks are falling!!??
There was an event in August 2020
1. The closure of a fully mature store at Mira Road in Aug-2020, This is for the first time since Dmart Ipo any of there store is closed and that fully mature store was converted into a dark store which can be a local fulfillment center, Created a room for consiousness specially amoung institutional investors that why in a prime location store was converted into a fulfillment center
2. Higher PE Ratio is one more reason
3. Drastic fall in footfalls has resulted mounting pressure on earnings
4. Increasing competition from offline retail stores specially Reliance retail, Tata consumer is also coming with good strategy to pose decent competition
5. E Retail players are also giving increased competition
6. Diversion of attention by Mr Damani from Dmart retail to other business who actually was a stock investor prior starting Dmart is somehow not pleasing investors